List of Free Medical Assistant Courses and Education
Check out our list of free medical assistant courses. Learn what courses are available and what topics they cover to find the class that’s right for you.
Online Medical Assistant Courses for Credit
There are many free medical courses on various subjects on the Internet, though these courses don’t award college credit. Students seeking inexpensive online courses that can help them earn college credit may want to consider the medical courses on Study.com. This site offers courses that include resources such as lesson quizzes and lesson transcripts.
The course Health 101: Principles of Health lets students learn more about health topics essential to medical assistants. Chapters in this course include the following:
- Health and Wellness Fundamentals – Study important information about major health problems and the sources of health information.
- Impact of Alcohol Tobacco on Health – Learn more about the effects of alcohol, tobacco use, and the long-term effects of smoking.
- Immune Disorders Infections – Review material related to adaptive immunity, pathogens, allergies, and immune deficiency diseases.
Find schools that offer these popular programs
- Anesthesiologist Assistant
- Chiropractic Technician
- Clinical Laboratory Assistant
- EMT Ambulance
- Health Aide
- Home Health Aide
- Medical or Clinical Assistant
- Medication Aide
- Occupational Therapist Assistant
- Pathology Assistant
- Pharmacy Technician
- Physical Therapist Assistant
- Respiratory Therapy Technician
- Veterinary Technician
Free Online Medical Assistant Courses and Education
There are few free, online courses directly related to medical assisting, but some introductory courses, such as those listed in this article, may be suitable for prospective medical assistants. None of the courses below can be taken for credit.